Happy 239th Birthday to the United States of America!
How will you be celebrating this most American of holidays? Will you be adding Disney touches to your celebration?
Tonight, at 9:00pm EDT, the Magic Kingdom will celebrate with “Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” fireworks show. Last year, this celebration was streamed live on the Internet, and this year will be no different.
The Magic Kingdom Park July 4th fireworks show will stream live at 9:00pm EDT on the Disney Parks Blog.
“Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert In The Sky” will paint the sky red, white and blue and fill the air with patriotic music. This special show features perimeter fireworks launched from around Magic Kingdom Park and an island in Seven Seas Lagoon.
To make sure you have the best view in the house Disney is providing two live cameras for you to choose from. One camera in front of Cinderella Castle and the other near Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to take in the entire perimeter spectacular. Guests viewing from their desktop will be able to switch between the two cameras during the show. Those ‘on the go’ and joining on mobile devices, will be able to take in the live view from the castle location.
The live feed starts at 8:50pm on the Disney Parks Blog, with the fireworks show beginning at 9:00pm.
Elsewhere at Walt Disney World, Independence Day celebrations will take place:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- 10:15pm EDT with fireworks set to a rock ‘n roll soundtrack;
- Disney characters in patriotic costumes will be appearing on the promenade near The American Adventure throughout the day;
- 12:30, 1:45, 3:00pm – Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage;
- 4:15 and 5:00pm – Voices of Liberty in the American Adventure Rotunda;
- 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, 9:00pm – “Don’t Look Back” is the headliner at the Sounds Like Summer concert series; and
- 10:00pm – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will feature “The Heartbeat of Freedom,” a patriotic fireworks finale.
If you’re in the parks today, please share any photos and/or memories you have of this special day at Walt Disney World!